Section 18 (2) of the Public Act 94 of 1979, The State School Aid Act, has been amended, which requires each school district and intermediate school district to post certain information on its website within 30 days after a board adopts it annual operating budget or any subsequent revision to that budget. The Annual Budget & Transparency Reporting is an opportunity to communicate our community on how we utilize the resources that are provided to us.
The following information is required to be posted on our website:
- The annual operating budget and subsequent budget revisions.
- Using data that has already been collected and submitted to the Michigan Department of Education (MDE), a summary of district or intermediate district expenditures for the most recent fiscal year for which they are available, expressed in the following two (2) pie charts which were provided for the general fund of the district or intermediate district by the Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI):
(a) A chart of personnel expenditures broken down into the following subcategories:
(1) Salaries and Wages
(2) Employee benefit costs, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and long term care benefits.
(3) Retirement benefits costs
(4) All other personnel costs
(b) A chart of all district expenditures, broken into the following subcategories:
(3)Business and administration
(4)Operations and Maintenance
- Links to all of the following:(a) The current collective bargaining agreement for each bargaining unit(b) Each health care benefits plan, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, long-term care, or any other type of benefits that would constitute health care services, offered to any bargaining unit or employee in the district(c)The audit report of the audit conducted for the most recent fiscal year for which it is available.
- The total salary and a description and cost of each fringe benefit included in the compensation package for the superintendent of the district or intermediate district and for each employee of the district whose salary exceeds $100,000
- The annual amount spent on dues paid to associations
- The annual amount spent on lobbying services
Section 1 – Annual Operating Budget and Subsequent Revisions
Section 2a and 2b – Summary of Expenditures – Expressed in Pie Charts
Section 3a, 3b and 3c – Listing of the Collective bargaining Agreements, Health Care Plans and Audit Report
- Current Collective Bargaining Agreements
- CNPS Audit Report
- Health Care Benefits Plans
- “No Bids Requested”
Section 4 – Salary and Benefit Description of Superintendent and Employees with Salary Exceeding $100,000
Section 5 – Annual Amount Spent on Dues paid to Associations
Section 6 – Annual Amount Spent on Lobbying or Lobbying Services
Carney-Nadeau has no lobbying costs.
Section 7 – Deficit Elimination Plan
The district has not incurred a deficit.
Section 8 – Out of State Travel
The district has no out-of-state travel.
Section 9 – Statement of Reimbursed Expenses
The total amount of expenses reimbursed by the district during the most recently completed fiscal year for the board members and employees was $10,884.
Section 10 – District Credit Card Information
Section 11 – Expense Reimbursement Policy
Section 12 – Procurement Policy